Thursday, February 17, 2011

By the Sea

Basking in the moonlight,
I see the sea, before me...
and the breeze, blowin',
the hair off my forehead...
and the leaves rustling, 
shifting, mid air...
sayin’, "yeah, we're there..."

Walkin' down the promenade,
a boulevard of flowers,
fragrances, nostalgic...
like the spring showers.

Crashin', thrashin',
the waves on the rocks...
I leave my footprints,
on the sand, without socks…

An empty bottle, hollow,
like there's no tomorrow...
A violent swig, a capsized brig,
on the sandy beach…

No, I ain't drunk..!
Only groovin' to the funk...
and all that this night has to offer...!

God's wonderful creation, 
the symphony
of a jazz composition..!
The rhythm and the blues,
the night and its hues...
Come, sing along with me,
‘cause, we're walkin' by the sea, yeah...



No comments:

Post a Comment