Friday, December 24, 2010

A walk on Christmas night


Oh, it’s Christmas night,
But there ain’t, sadly,
a soul in sight.

Oh, it’s Christmas night,
But there ain’t, sadly,
a starry light.
                                                                                               
There is snow on the streets
as every mile passes under my feet,
I feel the cold wind on my face,
as I try to find a peaceful place.

Jesus was born on this day,
Beautiful gifts Three Kings had given away.
Oh, what a glorious past; what a story we hear,
and, yet there are many who weep in fear.

Oh, what a wretched Christmas this is!
The crying child yearns for his mother’s kiss.

Betrayed by my own humankind,
I walk on the road, leaving my past behind.

I walk
Towards the days of peace;
Where every man can walk with his head held high!
I walk
Towards the days of joy;
Where every child will play and not have to cry!
I walk
Towards the days of forgiveness;
Where every wrongdoer will never have to lie!

Oh, I’ll walk and I’ll keep walking on the streets;
though now so lonely, but will one day shine
in the Lord’s love and his eternal glory!

When it shall have colours bright!
And happy sounds, when all rejoice
On Christmas night…

And when that day comes,
I’ll find another lonely road to walk on,
On another cold, Christmas night…



1 comment:

  1. Your poem is filled with hope... The quintessential Christmas emotion... This is what Christmas is about...

    ReplyDelete