Saturday, December 4, 2010

"Hey"


I’m looking for words in my mind
to tell you the truth,
but I just can’t find a way…

…to say that I’m really sorry,
for causing so much worry,
so, please stay.

It’s not a plea for redemption,
not a lie, nor a deception;
it’s not a game I play…

…though from the outside I may be bad,
I want you to know, I’m not like that;
so, I pray.

All the things that I did for you,
heart in hearts, I know they’re true.
And, they won’t fade away…

Before you walk away,
let me pour my heart out,
and I never did doubt
the faith you had in me.

With every step, leaving the past behind,
moving ahead, it’s your time to shine…

And, I’ll be there, if you ever need me,
all you have to do is just say, ‘hey…’



This post is dedicated to a friend I set out to help; 
and I dunno how much of a help I was,
 but I did learn a great deal about life in the process...

2 comments: