Friday, July 1, 2011

Silence before the storm


Tumbling winds, rumbling skies;
Streaks, electric;
fury in guise of violent poetry.

Halls of marble, the towers of stone,
of subdued elegance, sullen beauty;
poignantly stark, until awakened by the moonlight.

Marching armies- pieces of chess-
played by Machiavellian strategies,
by conniving minds.

Masses, euphoric; a peoples rhetoric;
Chaotic, turbulent-
such runs the course of civilization.

Unsettling hearts, undulating emotions;
Like fluttering wings of humming birds,
nigh unseen to the naked eye.

Desires unlocked, and wishes unchained;
taking flight in turbulent skies...

Naked feet, and naked emotions;
the lovers kiss, passionately warm.

Oblivious, of course, to the chaos around;
United together,
in the silence before the storm.


3 comments:

  1. Loved this part of the poem:"fury in guise of violent poetry." As if someone's waiting for the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear Proshant, I don't mean to spam but I wrote that last comment before I read the entire poem. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady Cardiidae, that line's a personal favorite too. But, I confess, there was no prior theme in my mind other than the title (which is the last line) and I had to sort of weave a poem around it.
    And, don't worry about spamming; if my poems invoke a response, I'd love that you share it...!

    ReplyDelete